Sunday, June 27, 2010

Unresolved Issues

Where to begin? I think the trip to the library is perhaps best.

Here's what happened. My daughter Ellie and I went to the library to find some summer reading, but the self-checkout machine wouldn't let us take our books. An error message popped up on the screen: "There are unresolved issues with your card. Please see the librarian at the help desk."

Unresolved issues?! What the hell is that supposed to mean? Turns out our cards had expired and we had to renew them before we could abscond with any books.

It's haunted and amused me all day. Unresolved issues? Damn right I have unresolved issues! Not least of which is deciding what I want to do when I grow up. I'd better hurry and make a decision, because I turn 53 this week and time's awasting.

Do I maintain status quo and fundraise during the day and moonlight on the weekends as a quasi-rabbi? (sounds a little like Superman -- mild-mannered Clark Kent during the day, caped crusader at night.) Or do I take the plunge and go to rabbinical school?

No comments:

Post a Comment