Sunday, June 27, 2010

God?

So I started flipping through other people's blogs to see what this is all about, because I haven't got the faintest idea of what's going on out there in the blogosphere...

...and lo and behold, the second one I see has the following quote from Proverbs:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths smooth."

Well, actually it didn't say that. I copied that from a Tanakh, a Jewish bible. The Christian bible says: "...in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

Subtle yet distinct difference. The Christian version puts God squarely in the driver's seat. The Jewish one has God smoothing the way, but not being in complete control.

Of course, it's all a moot point if you don't believe in God. Which I don't. So I'm not going to get any help from that quarter in making my what-do-I-do-with-my-life decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment